Follow this tutorial to create an SEO Google My Business profile and site. This will generate organic traffic for your company, increasing exposure.
Want more customers for your business?
Do you recognise the importance of generating traffic to your business blog?
If so, you have probably researched Google’s business profile options.
Google’s business profiles offer a way for your company to attract new customers in the SERPS (Search Engine Results Pages). And smart business in this city (Hamilton Ontario) are taking advantage.
A Google business listing will appear at (or near) the top of the SERPS listings page when people search for a business similar to yours.
Sounds fantastic, doesn’t it? An opportunity to bring-in new customers at little expense.
To succeed, however, you need to setup your Google business profile properly in terms of SEO. That’s where I can help.
As an SEO expert in Hamilton, I’ve been helping businesses to properly create Google My Business profiles.
In this tutorial, I reveal how you can create a successful Google My Business profile that will attract new customers and generate sales, ultimately leading to an increase in your bottom line.
Follow these instructions to create your Google My Business listing.
1. Visit Google My Business here. Click the “Start Now” button. This will lead you to the “Google My Business” profile set-up page.
2. Fill in details your Google My Business details, including your company name, address details, phone number, category, and website address.
It isn’t always obvious which category is best for a business. Be sure to search for various options before selecting the most applicable one. <br/
3. Select the applicable response for the box titled “I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location —Important information”
4. Press “Continue”.
5. Google will send a postcard to the address you entered. It should arrive within two weeks. Follow the instructions on the postcard and enter your pin to complete your listing.
6. Click the “Add Profile Photo” button and add an image that depicts your company, preferably one that shows personality.
7. Click the “Add Profile Photo” button and add an image that depicts your company, preferably one that shows personality.
7. Enter your business hours in your Google My Business listing
8. This will now complete the basic Google My Business profile. Google will review the profile and verify it, and it will then go live.
9. Search for your company on Google. It should appear in the SERPS with a map and your company details. Below, you can see my own listing for this very site.
10. You now have a basic Google My Business listing. Potential customers will now see your profile when they search for your company name in the SERPS.
We now have a Google My Business listing, and our customers can see our information on Google.
We can also view certain Analytics and other information, which can help us to improve our Google listing, and to utilize our placement in the SERPS.
Let’s take a look.
Press the “Sign In” button
Once we have signed-in, Google displays various key information for our Google My Business listing. We are shown:
- Our basic business information (note that if any information is incorrect, it can be edited by using the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of the page.
- Options to use Adwords (Google’s advertising service)
- Posts, which we are free to write whenever we choose (similar to blog posts)
- Insights (regarding views and actions)
- Google Analytics
This information can be used to improve the quality of your Google My Business profile and site. But such information is only of value once we start generating traffic.
So, we must take some steps to start to bring traffic to our listing. And the best way to do that is with a Google My Business site.
Time To Use Google’s Site Builder
Once we have setup Google My Business, Google will ask us if we would like to build a site. We will be given the option of buying a custom domain, but choose the free option to begin, unless you are certain you want to buy a Google My Business custom domain.
Incidentally, if you don’t see the option to select a website, look in the left-hand panel of your dashboard. Here’s a screenshot.
Creating the site is easy. Google will guide you through the process. It’s very intuitive.
To maximize the value of our site, however, we need to use SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Integrating SEO Into Your Google My Business Site
Ideally, we want our Google My Business site to come at or near the top of the SERPS in Google and other search engines.
To do this, we need to fill-out our details strategically.
Follow these tips to create an SEO Google My Business site
The most important part of your Google My Business site is the Headline.
The headline is also used as the H1 tag for the page, and is therefore essential for ranking in the SERPS.
To achieve the top ranking in local search, make sure to fill out the heading with the following information: a) your business name, b) a keyword (the word people would search for to find your company in the SERPS), c) a title that actually attracts visitors
2. Google My Business sites use the “Summary Heading” for the H2 tag.
This is a good place to insert related search keywords and synonyms. For instance, for this very blog (which is about copyediting and copywriting) I might write, “Business blogging and content for businesses” or something to that effect.
The idea is to write a heading that incorporates words related to the nature of your business, while also selling your business to prospective customers and clients.
Google loves images
. By placing high quality images on your site you will increase your ranking while also showing your customers a peak preview of your business.
In other words, you will generate traffic and also increase the conversion rate of that traffic.Use these 3 tips to SEO your Google My Business site.
This will increase traffic to your business page on Google and maximise your conversion rate.
Use these 3 tips to SEO your Google My Business site. This will increase traffic to your page and maximise your conversion rate.
Here’s a look at the finished product.
And now our Google My Business site is complete
You will now have a search engine optimized Google My Business site. This will bring organic traffic to your company, increasing customers and generating profit.
I hope you have found this guide beneficial.
If you would like help setting up your Google My Business listing, get in touch via e-mail or phone.